What you need:
- 1. A coffee pot
- 2. A spoon
- 3. Turkish coffee powder
- 4. Water
- 1. Place the Turkish coffee pot of water on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high (just until the water heats up).
- 2. Add about 1 tea spoons of coffee per 3 oz. cup (3 oz). Do not stir it yet. Just let the coffee “float” on the surface.
- 3. When the coffee starts to sink into the water and the water is warm enough, stir it several times and then turn down the heat to low.
- 4. When you see the bubble “ring” forming on the surface, turn down the heat a little bit more or move your pot away from the heat source.
- 5. Do not let the temperature get hot enough to start boiling. (NEVER LET IT BOIL -)
- 6. Keep it at the “foaming” stage as long as you can without letting it come to a boil. You might gently stir your brew a little bit at this stage. The more froth, the better it will taste. Then pour in to your cups.
Normally Turkish Coffee is preferred without sugar. But if you need some sweet, you can add sugar as required.