1. Whole Wheat Flour/Atta-1 Cups
2. Besan/Gram Flour- ½ Cup
3. Ajwain /Carom Seeds-¼ Tsp
4. Red Chili Powder -½ Tsp
5. Jeera Powder-¼ Tsp
6. Amchoor Powder (Dry Mango Powder) -½ Tsp
7. Crushed Whole Coriander Seeds-¾ Tsp
8. Garam Masala Powder-¼ Tsp
9. Turmeric Powder/Haldi-2 Pinch
10. Fenugreek Leaves (Methi ) -1/2 Cup Fresh Methi/Dry Kasuri Methi
11. Green Chili, Finely Chopped-1
12. Onion, Finely Chopped-1 Medium Sized
13. Salt To Taste
14. Water- As Required Or ~½ Cup
15. Oil / Ghee To Be Added To The Dough- 2 Tsp
16. Some Oil Or Ghee For applying on the Rotis
- Mix the flours, salt, and spices and spice powders (ingredients from 3-9).
- Add dry methi or if using fresh methi -rinse and chop the methi leaves finely and mix with the flour.
- Add in the chopped onion, green chili
- Note the fresh the methi leaves also release water, so first mix well with methi leaves then add water as required.
- Add little water and start to knead into a dough.Be careful while adding water-Add water little by little and make into a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a moist cloth and let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Take medium sized balls from the dough place it on a flat surface after dusting the work surface lightly with flour and roll into a medium sized round like chapatis.
- Heat the Tava or griddle and place the rolled roti on it and cook one side.
- Flip the rote and cook the other side.
- Apply some oil or ghee on both sides and cook till browned and cooked.
- Stack in a roti basket.