1. Mutton – 1 Kg
2. Onion – 3 Nos
3. Green chilly – 3-4 nos
4. Curry leaves – 4 stalk
5. Red chilli powder (Kishmiri chilli)- 1 tsp
6. Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
7. Water 2 cup
8. Salt to taste
1. Coconut oil – 2 Tbs
2. Coriander seeds – 3 table spoon
3. Dry red Chilli – 4-5 Nos
4. Garlic cloves – 6 Nos cut to pieces
5. Ginger – 2 inch cut to small piece
6. Shallots – 8nos sliced
7. Green Cardmom-4 nos
8. Back Big cardamom- 4 Nos
9. Cinnamon -2 pieces
10. Cloves -7 nos
11. Bay leaves -2 nos
12. Star aniseed- 1 no
13. Coconut oil- 2 t-spoon
14. Jeera -1 tsp
15. Fennel seeds -1 tsp each
1 cup coconut grated, 1 table spoon whole pepper, 3 shallot, curry leaves coconut oil 2 table spoon
Coconut oil 2 table spoon, coconut pieces,2 tables spoon, dry red chilli and curry leaves
- Clean the mutton pieces and marinate with 1 tsp chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- For spice paste take 2 tsp coconut oil in a pan. Add all ingredients of Spice paste section and roast it to nice brown colour and good roasted aroma come. Grind it to nice paste adding little water and keep aside.
- For Coconut Paste, take 2 table spoon of coconut oil put curry leaves, 2 table spoon whole black pepper, and coconut and roast it till golden brown colour .Stir continuously. The oil from the roasted coconut should ooze out. Be careful not to burn. Make a paste adding little water.
- Take a thick bottom vessel or a cooker, add 2 table coconut oil, take the items for tempering, roast the coconut pieces nicely till brown colour and remove drain it and keep aside in a bowl.
- In the same oil add onion slices and roast till golden colour, add green chill and the mutton pieces and stir for 3-4 minutes the water from the mutton will start leaving the meat.
- Add the Spice paste and mix well for 3-4 minutes, add salt and 2 cup water close with a lid and cook it in a low flame for 10 -15 minutes.
- When the mutton is cooked and the gravy starts to thicken add the coconut paste and let it boil once and remove from fire. Decorate with roasted coconut pieces, curry leaves and red chilli. For extra taste add a spoon of coconut oil over it. Serve it rice, Puttu, Appam, Dosa . This curry is not for diet conscious people. It is full of coconut.