Ingredients (1 cup=250 ml)
1. 1 cup basmati rice or sona masoori rice or regular rice
2. 1 cup parboiled rice
3. 1 cup urad dal
4. ¼ tsp methi seeds/ fenugreek seeds
5. ½ cup cooked rice
6. water as required
7. salt as required
8. oil to apply to the idli moulds
- Wash both the rice and urad dal.
- Soak the Rice, Urad Dal with Methi seeds in water for 6-7 hours.
- Drain the soaked rice urad dal and methi
- Grind them with cooked rice and salt to make a smooth batter.
- Cover and let the batter ferment for 8-9 hours.
- After the fermentation process is over, the batter will rise.
- Mix the batter.
- Grease the idli moulds.
- Pour the batter in the moulds of an idli steamer to steam the idlis.
- Steam for 10-12 mins or until the idlis are done.