- 1. Any medium size fish – 5 numbers
- 2. Red Chilli powder – 11/2 Tbs
- 3. Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- 4. Salt – As required
- 5. Black pepper cones – 2 Tbs (freshly crushed – don’t powder)
- 6. Oil – For frying
- 7. Lime juice – 1 lemon
- 8. Curry leaves – 2 -3 bunch
- Clean and slit the fish and marinate the fish with lemon juice and salt for 10 minutes.
- Make a paste by mixing chilly powder, crushed pepper cones, turmeric powder and salt in 1 tsp oil. Once the paste is ready, apply it nicely on the marinated fish and keep for 20 -30 minutes.
- Place a non-stick pan on the burner on high flame, pour oil (you can shallow fry also). Once the oil is heated enough, add the curry leaves and then the fish. Immediately turn the fish and then slow the fire. Fry the fish till it turns golden brown.