1. 1/5 kg Shelled prawns leave tail intact
2. 1 Tbsp chilli powder
3. 1 Tsp turmeric powder
4. ½ Tbsp Lime juice
5. Salt to suit your taste
6. 1 Tsp Black pepper powder
7. 2 Tsp ginger garlic chopped fine (1 tsp each)
8. 1 spring curry leaves
9. 2 Green chilli sliced (optional)
10. ½ Tbsp corn or fine rice flour
11. 1 cup or more cooking oil
- Clean the prawns and wash it. Pat dry with kitchen towel. Add in the lime juice mix well.
- Take a bowl and add in ginger garlic/ chilli/pepper powder/corn or rice flour together, and the salt, rub the mixture on the prawns and marinate for about 15 mins.
- Heat oil till smoking, add in the prawns one at a time, do not put all at once as it will reduce the temperature of the oil. 5 or 6 prawns at a time will allow it to turn crispy within 5 to 8 mins. Keep the fried crispy prawns aside.
- Pour all the oil keeping only 1 tbps in the frying pan. Heat it again, throw in the curry leaves and the green chili and fry till crispy add in the fried prawns and stir thoroughly to combine all the residue from the prawns and curry leaves/chill so that the prawns are well quoted, scrape the frying pan and cover the prawns with the residue from the pan.
- Serve hot