1. 1 kg tender chicken cut into medium size pieces
2. 3 tbsps. Lemon juice
3. 1/2 tsp. turmeric
4. 2 tbsp. red chili powder
5. 2- table spoon -Garam masala powder*
6. 3 big onions (coarsely ponded in mixer)
7. 2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
8. 1.5 tbsp. ghee
9. Salt to taste
* Garam masala powder
1. Coriander 3 tbsps.
2. Cinnamon 3 inch
3. Cloves 8
4. Cardamom / elachi 4
5. Jeera Cumin ½ tsp
6. Fennel seed/Perimjeeragam/saunf-1/2 tsp
1. 1 to 2 tbsp. oil
2. 3 to 4 sprig curry leaves
3. 2 to 3 green chilies (increase or decrease according to your spice level)
4. ½ -1tsp. pepper (adjust)
5. 12 cashews powdered finely
- Cut the chicken into pieces and clean it well and marinate with ingredients 2-9 mentioned under marination along with 2-3 tbsps of water and set aside for ½ hrs.2. Take a deep pan and place the chicken pieces and add little water, cover and cook the chicken till it is soft cooked and tender. When it is cooked keep it aside for sometime and let it cool. This enhances the taste to the fried chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and green chilies. The curry leaves should fry and the leaves should turn crisp and aromatic. For decoration take few crispy curry leaves and keep aside.
- Add the cooked chicken to the pan and fry on a high flame till all the gravy is absorbed by the chicken.
- Add the cashew powder and pepper powder. Keep stirring well and fry for 3 to 4 mins or till you get a nice aroma of cashews. The gravy should dry up and the masala should coat over the chicken nicely.
- Decorate it with green chilli and crispy fried curry leaves. It can be served with ghee rice, chapatti or white rice.