1. Chicken breast –2 Nos
2. Honey/Brown sugar – 1 table spoon
3. Coriander powder -1/2 teaspoon
4. Garam masala powder- ¼ tsp
5. Cumin Powder -1/2 tsp
6. Chilli powder-1tsp ( increase or decrease according to personal spice level)
7. Pepper powder ½ tsp
8. Turmeric powder;-1/2 tsp
9. Soya sauce-1 table spoon
10. Oyster sauce (Optional) 1 table spoon
11. Peanut butter:- 1table spoon.
12. Lemon juice:- 1 table spoon.
13. Shallot- 3 Nos (Pounded)
14. Garlic -2 nos (Pounded)
15. Ginger-1 inch (Pounded)
16. Salt to taste
17. Sesame oil ½ tsp
18. Vegetable oil:- for brushing over the meat.
19. Wooden skewers:- 8 Nos
- Cut chicken breast into strips of 1 inch.
- Mix chicken pieces with pounded Shallot, Garlic and ginger and all other ingredients under marination (items 2-17), keep it overnight. The taste of the marinate will be sweet, spicy and salty.
- When ready to cook, thread meat onto the skewers.
- Grill the satay on your BBQ, OR on an indoor grill. If you do not have any of these, grill it over a pan brushing little oil , cook it on a low flame for 10 minutes. After it is ¾ done. Place it on a grill in the microwave oven for 2 minutes
- Depending on how thin your meat is, the satay should cook in 10 to 20 minutes on BBQ.
- Serve the Satay with Satay Peanut sauce and Thai Cucumber salad
Soak the skewer in water for 1 hr before cooking to avoid burning
Fill up to 3/4 of the skewer, leaving the lower half empty so that the person grilling has a “handle” to easily turn the satay during cooking.