1. Paneer – 1 cup
2. Maida – 1 cup
3. Samolin (rava ) -1 table spoon
4. Ghee – 2 table spoon
5. Zeera -1/2 tsp
6. Cashew – Coarsely Powdered -2 table spoon
7. Chilly power -1/4 tsp
8. Garam masala powder-1/4 tsp
9. Salt to taste
10. Oil- for fying
1. Cut Paneer into small cubes.
2. Heat 1 tsp ghee oil add zeera and let it sputter.
3. Add paneer, Cashew Powder, chilly powder, garam masala powder and salt mix well till the paneer and cashew power become golden color. Remove from the stove and let it cool.
4. Take a bowl add 1 cup maida and Samolin add ghee and mix well. Make dough adding water and let it rest. (the Gujia Dough should be like that of poori dough)
5. Make lemon size balls and small poori fill the mixture and cover using another poori , seal the two puris nicely. Instead we can also use Gujia moulds. Place a poori in gujia moulds add the masala and press. You will have a nice gujia.
6. Make gujia’s using the dough and masala. Deep fry till golden colour and serve it hot with ketchup.
Shahi Paneer & Kaju Gujia