1. Left over Dosa / idli batter- 3 cups
2. Mustard -1 tsp
3. Green chilli- 1 tsp chopped (optional)
4. Ginger- 1 tsp chopped ((optional
5. Shallots – 3-4 nos chopped
6. Curry leaves – 3-4 chopped
7. Oil – 4 -5 table spoon
• Take left over dosa or idli batter in a bowl.
• Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it sputter add chopped green chilli, ginger shallots and curry leaves. Saute it for few minutes till onion changes its colour to golden. When it is little cool add it to batter and mix well.
• Heat a kara or Kuzhi Paniyaram vessel (non- stick or normal). Brush a little oil over it and pour the batter in each hole. Spray little oil over the sides of each kadu. Reduce the flame cover the vessel and cook. When it is cooked flip it up side down in the same hole.
• Repeat this procedure for all the batter.
• Serve hot with any chutney
• Children will love it. But avoid the chilli and ginger.
If you are using normal kara, apply little mayonnaise on the insides the holes. The kadu will not stick to the bottom.