1. Urad Dal – ½ cup
2. Chilli – 4-5 nos ( according to spice)
3. Chana dal ½ cup
4. Moong dal – 2 table spoon
5. White sesame seeds -1 table spoon
6. Curry leaves-1 sprig
7. Hing ½ tsp
8. Salt to taste
1. Dry roast channa dal and moong dal to light brown colour, remove it from fire and cool it down.
2. Roast urad dal on medium heat till golden brown colour and the raw taste is lost. Do not burn urad dal.
3. Take a little oil in a pan, add hing, curry leaves and chilli and roast for few minutes.
4. On cooling add the roasted items to the blender, add required salt and grind it to a coarse powder
5. You can store in a dry container. While using you can take 1 or 2 tsp of this powder add any cooking oil, preferably, ghee, coconut oil or till oil.
Lentil Chutney Podi