- Capsicum – 2 big cut into 1 cm cubes
- Chickpea flour – 4 tbsp(besan / kadala podi)
- Oil -3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds (Zeera) -1 tsp
- Asafetida (Kayam / Hing) – ½ tsp
- Amchur Powder (Dry mango powder) -1 tsp (optional)or 1 tables spoon lemon juice
- Red Chilly flakes – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder -1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves- 3 table spoon
- Heat a pan and dry roast chickpea flour in a low flame stirring continuously until raw smell disappears and keep it aside.
- Heat another pan, add oil and sputter zeera seeds, add ½ tsp of asafetida, chilli flakes and turmeric powder and saute well.
- Add the capsicum cubes and mix well , add salt and cover with a lid and cook till it is soft in low flame.
- Open the lid after 5 minutes add the roasted chickpea and amchoor powder and mix well. The water in the capsicum will be enough. If required add few spoons of water and mix well. Cook this mixture for 5 minutes.
- Remove and decorate it with coriander leaves and serve it hot with rice or chapatti as side dish.