1. Cucumber – skinned and chopped into small pieces- 2 cup
2. Coconut-1 cup
3. Green chilli / kanthari mulagu – 4-5 Nos
4. Yogurt – 1 cup
5. Onion –chopped 1 No
6. Mustard -1/4 tsp
7. Salt to taste
For Talikkal (tempering)
1. coconut grated -1 table spoon
2. Mustard – 1 tsp
3. Red chilli -1 No, broken into 2 pieces
4. Coconut oil- 2 table spoon
• Take a medium size bowl add the cucumber pieces, chopped onion, salt and mix well with hand. Keep it aside.
• Make a fine paste with coconut, kanthari mulagu or green chilli, little curd and mustard seeds.
• Add coconut paste and remaining curd to the cucumber mixture and mix well. Check the salt.
• Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it sputter add 1 table spoon grated coconut, curry leaves and red chilli. When the coconut turns golden brown add it to the Cucumber pachadi.