1. Chana Dal ( Kadala Parippu) – 1 cup
2. Tomato- 1 no chopped
3. Onion -1 Big chopped
4. Green Chilli -2 Nos
5. Coriander Leaves- chopped 2 table spoon
6. Hing (kayam)- ¼ tsp
7. Kashmiri Chilli powder- ½ tsp
8. Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
9. Jeera – ¾ tsp
10. Curry leaves – 1sprig
11. Garlic- 1 tsp (optional)
12. Oil – 1 table spoon
13. Salt to taste.
1. Pressure cook chana dal with salt and turmeric powder.
2. Heat a pan, add oil. When oil become hot add jeera . After the jeera sputter add hing powder and saute.
3. Then add onion, garlic, green chilli one by one and saute well. When the onions are done add red chilli powder and mix well. Add tomato to this mixture and mix till the tomatoes become mushy. Mix the cooked dal to this mixture, add salt if required. If you want gravy add ½ cup of water. Let it boil.
4. Lastly add the chopped coriander leave and serve hot with chapatti or rice.