1. Green Plantain (Nendrakai) – 100 gram
2. Yam (Chena) – 100 gram
3. Green Chilli -100 gram
4. Turmeric Powder -1/4 tsp
5. Pepper Powder ¾ tsp
6. Salt- to taste
7. Ghee1 tsp
8. Yogurt (not sour) – 1liter
9. Coconut -1 cup
10. Jeera ¼ tsp
1. Mustard – ¾ tsp
2. Coconut Oil- 1 tbs
3. Dry red chilli -2 Nos broken into 2 pieces
4. Curry leaves- 2 stalk
5. Uluva Powder- ½ tsp
• Remove the outer covering of yam, and plantain, wash well and cut to small pieces . Add to this slit green chilli, turmeric powder, pepper powder and enough water to cook.
• Let the water evaporate. After water completely evaporates, add 1 tsp of ghee and nicely mix well for few minutes.
• Add the beaten curd and let it boil and all the water should get evaporated. Remove it from fire
• Make a paste of coconut and jeera and mix to this curry and heat it for 2 to 3 min. There is no need to cook the curry at this stage.
• Take a pan, add coconut oil add the items for tempering except uluva powder, when the mustard sputter add uluva powder and mix immediately to the kalan and cover it with lid.