- Baby corns boiled 10-12
- Paneer (cottage cheese) grated 200 gram
- Red chilli powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Amchur powder 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Ginger finely chopped 1 inch piece
- Green chilli finely chopped 1
- Oil to deep fry
- Gram flour (besan) 1/2 cup
- Refined flour (maida) 2 tablespoons
- Carom seeds (ajwain) 1/4 teaspoon
- Soda bicarbonate a pinch
- Chaat masala 1/4 teaspoon
Place babycorns in a bowl. Add ¼ tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp amchur, salt and toss lightly. In another bowl, mix together paneer, ginger, green chilli, remaining amchur, salt and mix well.
Heat sufficient oil in a non stick kadai. Mix together besan, maida, ajwain, a pinch of red chilli powder, salt, soda bi carbonate in a bowl, add sufficient water and whisk into a batter.
Coat the babycorns with the paneer mixture and then dip them in the besan mixture. Deep-fry the pakodas in the hot oil till golden. Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle chaat masala.
Arrange a cabbage leaf, cherry tomatoes and mint leaves on a serving plate. Transfer the pakodas on the plate and serve hot