1- Potato 2 Medium ones boiled
2- Capsicum 3 Nos.
3- Mushrooms 10 Nos.
4- Cumin seed ½ sp.
5- Onions 2 Nos. chopped
6- Turmeric Powder ½ sp.
7- Red Chilly powder ½ sp.
8- Asafoetida 1 pinch
9- Garam masala powder ¼ sp.
10- Dry mango powder ¼ sp.
11- Salt As required
12- Coriander leaves 1 sp. Chopped
13- Oil 1 sp.
1. Boil the potatoes till cooked thoroughly. Peel and mash. Slice off the tops of the capsicum. Remove the seeds.
Rinse them in water and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
2. In a small frying pan, heat oil. fry the cumin first and then add chopped onions
3. Stir and then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, asafoetida. stir again.
4. Add the potatoes and mushrooms and mix everything and cover the pan with a lid and cook in a low flame.
5. Saute the potatoes for 2 mins and then add garam masala powder, dry mango powder and salt.
6. Stir well and then add chopped coriander leaves. mix again and let this spiced potato stuffing become cool down.
7. with a spoon stuff the potato mixture in the capsicum.
8. Now you can bake them or saute in a pan. To pan fry heat oil in a pan or kadai/wok and place the stuffed capsicum in the pan.
9. Cover the pan and allow the stuffed capsicum to cook on a low flame.
10. You will have to check often after every 5 to 6 mins and keep on changing the sides of the capsicum, so that all sides are cooked well. check, turn the sides and cover the pan again. you also have to place the open potato side touching the pan. the capsicum will get golden and wrinkled.
11. Cook about 30 mins on a low flame.
12. Garrnish with coriander and serve these potato stuffed capsicum hot with rotis, bread or as a side dish.