- Toor Dal (Sambar paripu) – 1 cup
- Moong Dal (Cheru payar paripu) – 1 cup
- Masoor Dal- 1 cup
- Oil- 1tsp
- 1 bunch Methi leaves ( Uluva ela) cleaned. Soaked in salt- sugar water solution (1 tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar) for few minutes and squeeze and keep aside or even 2 table spoon dry Kasoori methi can be used.
- Turmeric Powder -1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder ½ tsp
- Tomato -1 no
- Ginger paste-1/2 tsp
10.Garlic paste-1/2 tsp
11. Green chilli -3 Nos
12. Ghee -1 table spoon
- Wash all the dals and put it into a cooker. Cut 1 tomato, green chilli, turmeric powder, salt, 1 tsp oil and 4 cups of water. Cover it with the lid and cook it for 2-3 whistle.
- Once the dals are cooked, add the methi leaves and let it cook.
- Take another pan add ghee, when the ghee is hot add onions. After the onion turn golden brown colour, add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds. Add red chilli powder and mix well. Add this to the dal,ix well and let it boil. After boiling remove from fire and serve this dal with roti or plain rice.