- Raw Rice- 1 ½ cups
- Oil – 1 spoon
- Jeerakam – 1/4 spoon
- Uzhunnu – 1/4 spoon
- Green chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Shallots – 50 gm (finely sliced)
- Carrot- 1 medium size (chopped to make 1/2 cup)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 spoon
- Vinegar – 1 spoon
- Salt to taste.
- Wash the raw rice and half cook . Drain and keep it aside.
- Take a non stick pan and add oil. Then add items 3 & 4, after a minute add items 5-7
- Once it turns lightly cooked (shallots turns light brown), add turmeric powder
- Add 1/2 glass water and vinegar and salt. when it boils, add half cooked rice, mix it well. Close the lid and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Carrot rice is ready and can serve with dry chutney powder and curd.