1. Fish – (Any fish with less bones) – 6 slices
2. Lemon Juice- 1 table spoon
3. Pepper powder- ½ tsp
4. Chilli- (Kashmiri) -3 tsp
5. Turmeric- ¾ Tsp
6. Garlic- 5 cloves
7. Salt – ½ tsp ( or to taste)
8. Oil -1/2 cup
9. Tomato- 3 Nos.
10. Onion 3 Nos
11. Green chili- 4-5 Nos
12. Ginger – juliens
13. Curry leaves- 2 sprig
14. Tomato ketchup- 1-2 table spoon
1. Clean the fish well and pat dry it with a kitchen towel. Make a paste of ingredients 2-7 and apply on the fish and keep it for 1 ½ hrs.
2. Heat oil in a pan, fry chili, ginger pieces and onion, saute it for few minutes. When the onion changes its colour, add chopped tomato and curry leaves and stir.
3. When the oil starts separating from the mixture, add the fish and cover it with lid and shallow fry . Reduce the flame of the stove. When the fish start leaving juice and gets cooked over one side turn the fish slowly and cook for few minutes. Add tomato ketchup. Check the salt, add if required. Cook the fish for few more minutes.
4. Plate it along with French fries and raw vegetables.
Note: The fish can be marinated earlier and can be prepared just before lunch or dinner. Good with Koboos, chapatti, dosa or rice.