- Vadukapuli naranga(It should be ripe and not bitter) – ½ kg
- Green chili chopped – 8 Nos
- Ginger-chopped -1 inch piece
- Tamarind – 1 big lemon size, soaked and juice removed ½-1 cup
- Turmeric-1/4 tsp
- Red Chili Powder -2-table spoon
- Asafoetida (kayam/Hing):- 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery -1 piece (optional)
- Roasted (Fenugreek) Uluva /Methi powder- ½ tsp
- Mustard- ½ tsp
- Coconut oil 2-3 table spoon
- Red chili-2 nos
- Curry leaves-2 sprig
- Take a Thick bottom bowl or a traditional kalchatti, add items from 1-9 items and let it cook well. The gravy should not be watery. Remove from the stove.
- Heat a pan add coconut oil, mustard, when it sputter add red chill broken to 2 pieces with curry leaves. Add it to the Naranga curry.
- Lastly add Fenugreek powder and cover the vessel.