- Payar (snake beans) – 1 bunch
- Shallots Cut to small pieces-5 NOS
- Green Chilli- 2 Nos
- Turmeric- ½ tsp
- Coconut (Grated) – ½ cup
- Jeera _ ½ tsp
- Coconut Oil (or any cooking oil)-1 table spoon
- Curry leaves- 5-6 leaves
- Wash the payar and cut into small pieces.
- Heat a kadai or pan, add 1 tsp oil in a pan and add payar and salt to taste and stir it.
- You can add 2-3 spoons of water and cover with a lid to let it cook in a slow flame.
- Crush the grated coconut, jeera, 2 shallots
- When the water inside the vegetable evaporates and become dry, add the coconut mixture and mix well. And remove it from the stove.
- Heat a pan add remaining oil and add slices of 3 shallots, green chilli and curry leaves and fry till the shallot turns golden brown colour and add it to the payar and mix well
- This dish can be served as a side dish for rice.