5. for Masala Crushing
- Jeera- ½
- Garlic -3-4 cloves
- Ginger- ½ tsp chopped
- Pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Shallot- 2 Nos
6. for Fresh Powder Masala
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Chili Powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Hing Powder- ½ tsp
Or You can use Readymade Rasam Powder
- Mustard- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves-2 sprig
- Red chill- 2 Nos broken
- Coriander leave- 1 small bunch chopped.
- Take a cup of water and extract tamarind juice.
- Cook and mash the toor dal and make a stock with 4 cups of water.
- Heat the Dal stock, tamarind juice, quartered tomatoes, crushed masala ( 5th item), Rasam powder or the powder masala ( 6th item), Salt and ½ of the chopped coriander leaves. Keep it on a stove and cover it with a lid and let it boil in a slow fire till all the masala and tomato are cooked. Remove from fire.
- Heat a pan , add 1 tsp of oil, add mustard, red chili and few curry leaves. When mustard sputter add it to Rasam and keep it covered.
- Decorate it with remaining coriander leaves and serve it hot.