- 1 honeydew melon
- 3/4 cup sabundana/Sago
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1-2 Pandan leaves
- 1cup sugar or according to taste
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1.5 cups water
- Soak the Sago in water for 20-30 minutes. After 30 minutes drain the water and cook it in 2-3 cups of water, when it become translucent which may take 8-10 minutes drain the water using a sieve and keep it under running water and remove extra starch and keep it aside.
- To prepare sugar syrup, take the Pandan leaves wash it thoroughly and knot it and place it in a deep pan. To the deep pan add the sugar and add 1.5 cups of water till the sugar melts. Switch Off the stove and remove the pandan leaves. And let the syrup cool.
- Skin the Honey dew melon, deseed it and scoop balls of the melon using a melon baller. Keep it aside and make puree of the remaining melon. Chill it in the refrigerator in a separate bowls.
- Mix the syrup, coconut milk, Sago, puree and the melon balls in a dessert bowl. While serving add crushed ice to each serving bowl and serve it chilled.
A very refreshing Dessert is ready to bring smiles on faces of your guests.