Ingredients for Fillings
- Boneless chicken – Cooked 2 cups
- Corn- ½ cup
- Onion- 2 Nos
- Jalapeños – 2-3 Nos
- Tomato- 2 Nos cubed
- Oregano – ½ tsp
- Chili Flakes -1/2 tsp (optional)
- Grated cheese – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves-2 table spoon
Preparation of Filling.
- Heat Oil, add crushed garlic, when it turns golden , add onions and saute till it is light pink. Add the the cooked chicken pieces and saute it for few minutes add chopped tomato, capsicums and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add pepper powder, crushed red chili powder, oregano. Saute all for few minutes.
- Add the sweet corns to it mix well. Add Salt to taste and let it cook in low flame for few more minutes.
- Decorate it with coriander leaves.
For Making Flour Tortillas
- All Purpose Flour- (Maida)- 2 cup
- Wheat Flour -1 cup
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening or ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ warm milk
- ½ warm Water ( add as required to make a chapatti dough)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
Preparation of Flour Tortillas
- Sift the flour, salt & baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Into the dry ingredients cut in the shortening, or add oil if you are using this option, & mix with your fingertips to combine.
- Add the milk or water, working the liquid into the dough until a sticky ball forms.
- Let rest for at least 30 minutes keeping a damp cloth over it
- Divide the dough into 8-10 balls (for small tortillas) or 6-8 balls for larger ones,
- Roll it out and prepare it over a pan similar to chapatti or roti.
Preparation of Quesadilla
Heat the pan add little oil, place the tortilla put the fillings and grated cheese over it place another tortilla and press it gentelly and cook in on one side. When it is truns crispy flip it slowly on the other side. Cut it with a piza cutter and serve it with Salsa / Guacomole/ sour sauce.
We can also prepare Quesandilla like a stuffed parata. And cook it.