- Uzhunnuparippu – ½ kg
- Pachari – 4 tsp
- Black pepper – 15 nos
- Greenchilli 8 to 9 Nos.
- Shallots – 7 – 8 Nos.
- Ginger 2″ piece
- Asafoetida(Kayam) – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped 3 spoons
- Curry leaves 12 Nos.
- Salt – As required
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak Uzhunnuparippu with raw rice for 4 to 5 hours
Grind them with as much as less water
- Add salt and asafoetida while grinding.
- Chop green chillies, ginger, shallots, coriander leaves and curry leaves into very small pieces.
- The batter should be to stick on hands.
- Remove the batter into a bowl and add chopped green chillies, ginger, black pepper, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Apply cold water on your left hand and put a little batter of the size of a lemon on it.
- Make a hole in the middle with wet finger.
- Place them in the hot oil and deep fry.
Serve with sambar/chutney or yoghurt.