- Prawns – ½ kg
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 2 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tsp
- Kodam puli – 3 pieces (cut into small long pieces)
- Ginger – 1 inch long (cut in into small pieces)
- Green chilli – 2 Nos. (cut into small small)
- Shallots 5 Nos. (cut into small pieces)
- Salt – As required
- Coconut – Milk of 1 coconut
- Curry leaves – 1 Bunch
- Mustard – ¾ tsp
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbs
- Dry red chilli -2 Nos broken into 2 pieces
- Curry leaves – 2 stalk
- Shallots – 5 Nos. (cut into small pieces)
- Soak kudampuli in lukewarm water for few minutes
- Heat oil in a earthenware (manchatti) and saute chopped shallots, green chilli, ginger and kodampuli.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and saute for a while.
- Add cleaned prawns to the masala mix .
- Cook prawns in thin coconut milk.
- When the prawns are done, pour the thick coconut milk to it and boil again.
- And tadka with curry leaves,red chillies and shallots.
- A great combination with appam