- Mutton 1 Kg
- Rice long 4 cups
- Biriyani masala 3 spoons
- Red chilli powder 1 spoon
- Turmeric Powder ½ spoon
- Garam Masala ½ spoon
- Lemon Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt As required
- Yoghurt 2 table spoons
- Coriander leaves 2 table spoons
- Onion 5 Nos. (chopped thin and deep fried)
- Cashew nuts/ raisins as Required
- Ghee/ Butter 2 spoons
- Marinate Mutton with all masalas/ powders/ yoghurt/ salt/ lemon juice. Keep in Refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Pressure cook the marinated mutton to 3 to 4 whistles with enough water, as we are going to use this water for cooking the rice.
- Drain most of the water to deep pan and boil it again with 1 ½ glass of water. Altogether water should be 5 ½ cups. When boiled put soaked rice. (Rice to keep in soak for ½ hour) and cook the rice in low flame.
- Remove from fire when the rice cook and add mutton in layers with ghee/ coriander leaves/ fried onions and garnish with fried cashewnuts and raisins.
- Seal the vessel and keep in Oven for 20 minutes.