- Ada- 100grams
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Water – 4 cups( 1 ltr)
- Milk – 4 cups( 1 ltr)
- Sugar – 1 1/2cup( 200 gms or to taste)
- Cardamom powder (1/2 tsp ( Optional)
- Butter- 1 table spoon
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Soak 100 gms ada in hot boiling water for 40 minutes. Raise it with cold water to remove the stickiness, drain
- Add ghee and boil water in a thick bottom vessel. When water starts boiling, add milk.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to medium low and cook till the volume of milk is reduced to half its quantity and changes it colour from white light yellow colour.
- Add the ada and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes over medium low flame or until you see ada-flakes on the surface of the payasam. Now add the remaining sugar and mix well. Cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the payasam turns slightly thick and a light pink colour is attained. Add 1 table spoon of butter and the cardamom powder (Optional). Switch off the stove and Cover the payasam and keep it for some time and serve it for sadhya and enjoy.