- Tender jackfruit :- Skinned and cut into cubes – 1 big cup.
- Chana Dal ( Kadala Paripu)- ½ cup (soaked for 2 hrs)
- Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
- Onion chopped – 1 table spoon
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Green Cardamom- 1 no
- Cinnamon- ½ inch piece
- Cloves -3 Nos
- Pepper corns- 4 Nos
- Water- Enough to cook the vegetable and dal
- Onion – 4 table spoon finely chopped
- Green Chilli chopped – 2 Nos
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala- ¼ tsp
- Zeera Powder- 3/4 tsp
- Kasuri Methi (dry fenugreek leaves) – ½ tsp (optional)
- Pepper powder -1/4 tsp.
- Amchur powder- ½ tsp (Optional)
- Chat Masala – ¼ tsp (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil :- 4 table spoon.
- In a cooker add Items 1-7 with little salt and let it cook for 3-4 whistle.
- Discard the whole spices from the cooked mixture. If water is excess, drain it or heat and dry the water out of the vegetables. Mash the jackfruit and lentil mixture using a ladle mash or food processor to coarsely ground the mixture.
- Heat a pan, add 1 table spoon oil (little ghee will also taste great). When the oil is warm add the finely chopped onion and green, sauté the mixture for few minutes. Add ginger- garlic paste and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the Items 12 -14 and sauté for a minute and then add the jackfruit lentil mixture. Mix well add salt required amount of salt (NOTE while cooking we had added salt, after checking add required salt). Add Amchur powder and Chat masala, it is optional, I have added for some tangy taste. Let all the mixture blend well. Switch off the stove and let the mixture cool.
- Take lemon size amount of the mixture and make flat round disc shapes. We can make around 14- 15 discs. Heat a flat heavy tava, add little oil and shallow fry the kebabs. Both sides of the kebabs should be nice brown colour. Serve hot with mint yogurt or any spicy dip. I have used Sweet and spicy Orange date dip.
Kebab is easy to make, and can store in the fridge and cook as and when required. It is healthy as there is no deep frying.