A dish for with high Scoville rating and a treat for spice lovers.
- Prawns cleaned and deveined -20 Nos (300 grams)
- Onion chopped – 1 cup
- Ginger paste- ½ table spoon
- Garlic paste-½table spoon
- Green chilli- 4-5 Nos
- Pepper powder-1/4 tsp
- Chili powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves -2 sprig
- Coriander leaves chopped-2 table spoon
- Oil- 3 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan add 1 table spoon oil and saute onion, green chili, ginger and garlic paste till it is brown colour. On cooling blend it into a smooth paste.
- Heat remaining oil, add the curry leaves and cleaned prawns and saute well.
- Add the prepared masala paste, chili powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt.
- Add little water and simmer till the masala is thick and the prawns are tender.
- Switch off the stove and decorate with coriander leaves.
- Very tasty dish with rice. Appam and roti.
Andhra dishes are very spicy, so reduce the chili and chili powder according to your taste.