- Leftover Idli batter-2 cups
- Onion chopped -1 cup
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Green chili
- ( 4 table spoon ghee and 4 table spoon gingerly oil)
- Uthappam is usually prepared with leftover idli batter which is sour and thick
- Take a dosa griddle, make a thick dosa, arrange a layer onions green chili and curry leave mixture over it generously and drizzle a tsp of the oil over it and when it is done, flip and let the onion caramelize in the slow flame.
- When it is golden brown colour serve it with a chutney or sambar.
- Enjoy soft spongy and crispy onion uthappam.
We can add grated carrots, capsicum tomatoes along with uthappam.