- Beetroot –2 Nos (1 grated 1 whole)
- Dates-4-5 nos
- Chili powder -1 table spoon
- Vinegar -1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Garlic -2-3 nos
- Oil -1 tsp
- Pressure cook 1 beetroot and 4-5 dates adding little water for 1 whistle.
- Make a smooth paste of the deseeded dates, and beetroot, vinegar, chili powder, salt and garlic.
- Heat oil, add the grated beetroot and saute till raw smell leaves the beetroot. Mix along the paste of date and beetroot.
- Tangy sweet and spicy Beetroot dates pickle is ready
- Can be served immediately or the next day with biriyani, ghee rice etc