- Karela ( Bitter gourd) -2 Nos
- Onion – 2nos
- Amchoor powder ¾ tsp
- Tomato-2 nos
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Chili powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric- ¼ tsp
- Garm masala- ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves-1 tablespoon
- Oil- 3 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Grate the outer rough skin of the Bitter gourd and keep it aside.
- Cut the Bitter gourd, deseed it and cut into small cubes, apply salt and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil, add the rough skin kept aside to brown colour, remove it and keep it aside.
- In the same oil add the onions and saute it till is light brown colour. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell leave.
- Add dry masala power- coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and amchoor powder ( you can use 2-3 tsp of lemon juice if amchoor is not available at the end ) and saute well.
- Add to this mixture tomato and saute it till it is mushy and oil start leaving the edges.
- Wash the bitter gourd to remove the salt content and add it to the tomato mixture, cook it covered adding few spoons of water. Check the salt and add if needed. When it is cooked and lastly add the fried rough skin and mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and serve it hot with chapatti.
*The rough skin is removed and bitter gourd is marinated in salt to reduce the bitterness.