- Whole wheat Vermicelli- 2 cups
- Mixed vegetable (frozen) or Vegetables like carrots, peas, green beans, potato, capsicum or corn- 1.5 cups
- Onion-1 No
- Ginger chopped-1tsp
- Green chili chopped -1tsp
- Mustard- 1/2tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2tsp
- Urad dal-1/2 tsp
- Cashew nut broken 1-2 tsp
- Hing- A pinch
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Turmeric- 1/4tsp
- Ghee or clarified butter- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Salt to taste
- *Roast Vermicelli in 1tsp of ghee till it is golden brown colour and keep aside
- Heat oil in the same pan and add the mustard and cumin seeds let it crackle seeds. Once they crackle, add urad dal and cashewnut, saute it till it is light brown.
- Stir in the hing, and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion, green chili, ginger and saute it till onion turns soft.
- Add the vegetables and fry on high heat for 2min. Add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- To the above mixture two and half cups of water and allow the vegetable to cook and let it simmer for a minute.
- Add the fried vermicelli, mix and cook covered for 5minutes. Let the water evaporate, do stir with a spatula few times to remove the lumps. Add few drops of lemon juice and decorate it with coriander leaves.
- Remove from the stove and serve it hot with any pickle or chutney.
This step can be omitted if you are using a roasted vermicelli.