- Wheat flour- 1 cup
- Ghee or Vegetable ghee / oil- 2 tblsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Lukewarm Water kneading: for needing the dough
- Mix wheat flour, salt and 1 table spoon ghee well and then add enough lukewarm water and knead for 5-10 minutes to make a smooth dough. Keep it covered with a wet cloth for ½ hour.
- Divide the dough into balls of equal sizes. Roll with a rolling pin into big circle. Then spread ghee /oil evenly on the top using your hands. Dust some dry flour over the oil.
- Now pleat it as we make it for making paper fans. When it is completed, roll it from one end to make a circle. Now Roll our carefully to from circle, without applying too much pressure so that the layers are intact.
- Heat tawa, put the paratha and flip it both sides, brush little oil /ghee on both sides and cook in medium flame. Using a spatula press gently the parathas to ensure even cooking of both sides until golden brown.
- Pat gently the sides of the paratha with kitchen towel to highlight the layers.
The yummy crispy Lacha Paratha or Layered paratha is ready to serve with raita, vegetable or chicken curry or pickle
Note : You can add Maida or all purpose flour : 1/2 cup for making more softer paratha.