- Onion – 1
- Green chilli – 2 finely chopped
- Potato boiled and mashed -1 Big
- Carrot shredded – 3 table spoon
- Peas shredded -3 table spoon
- Beans shredded -3 table spoon
- Cabbage shredded -2 table spoon
- Cauliflower-3 table spoon
- Chilli powder -1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Coriander leaves-3 table spoon
- Salt as needed
- For the seasoning
- Oil – 2 tsp
For the batter
- Besan/ kadalai mavu/bengal gram flour – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Ajwin- 1 pinch
- Cooking soda (soda bi carb)- a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil- for deep frying
- Steam the vegetables.
- Heat a pan add 2 tsp of oil, add the steamed vegetables, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt needed and saute for few minutes. Add mashed potato and mix well. Add chopped coriander leaves mix well. Remove from the stove and let it cool
- Make small sized balls out of this mixture
- Mix rice flour, red chilli powder, ajwin, salt and cooking soda well and add water to make a batter. Shouldn’t be too thin or thick.
- Heat oil and dip the vegetable balls in the batter and drop in hot oil.
- Serve with coconut chutney or green chutney.