1.Chicken cut to small pieces-1 kg
- Ginger Garlic paste- 2-3 table spoon
- Corn Flour- 3 table spoon
- Egg- 2 Nos
- Chilli powder- (Kashmiri) 2 table spoon
- Turmeric power-1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder- 1 tsp
- Chopped green chili-3 Nos
- Chopped curry leaves- 5 sprig
- Coriander leaves chopped-3 table spoon
- Cumin Powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tsp
- Vinegar -1 table spoon.
- Soya sauce-1 table spoon
- To get a juicy chicken 65 soak your chicken in a brine (salt water) overnight then cut to small pieces.
- Mix the chicken pieces with the masala- Ginger garlic paste , chopped green chili, curry leaves, coriander leaves, Red chili powder , black pepper powder, Turmeric powder, garam masala, soya sauce, vinegar, eggs and corn flour. Add little salt. Marinate it well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil and fry the chicken pieces in medium flame. Add sliced green chillis before removing.
- Serve hot with sliced onion rings and lemon wedges
Note : -Boneless chicken pieces can be used.
- For bright red colour you can add red food colour. I did not add, as natural Kashmiri chili color was healthier and tastier.
Variation: In Andhra Pradesh version of Chicken 65 – the fried chicken pieces are once again sautéed mixture of tempered curry leaves, sliced onions, garlic, Cumin seeds, a spoon full of curd and sliced green chili. The chicken is sauted till the curd is dry and well absorbed by the chicken.