- Moong dal 2 cups soaked overnight
- Rice ½ cup soaked overnight
- Green Chilly 5 Nos.
- Coriander leaves 1 cup chopped
- Hing ¼ spoon
- Onion 2 Nos. chopped
- Salt As required
- Oil As required
- Curry leaves 10 Nos. chopped
- Dry Mango powder or tamarind a ¼ small lemon size
Drain the dal and rice and grind. Mix in the chillies, salt, coriander, curry leaves and onions grind to have a smooth fine batter.
Heat tawa and splash some water over it and pour some batter and spread out. When edges start to rise, put oil all around and a little bit on top.
Serve with coconut chutney.