- 1 Unroasted Semolina /Rawa-1 cup
- Rice flour-1/2 cup
- 3.Maida -1/4 cup
- Leban(buttermilk) -1 cup (optional)
- Hing -1/4 tsp
- Jeera-1 tsp
- 7.Black pepper crushed-1 tsp
- Chopped cashew nuts- 5-6 Nos
- Onions chopped to very small pieces (Optional) 4 table spoon
- Ginger (chopped) 1tsp
- Green Chili- chopped 2Nos
- Curry Leaves chopped-1 sprig
- 13.Coriander leaves chopped- 2 table spoon
- Oil – as required for smearing on the dosa ( equal qty of ghee and Sesame oil is very good)
- 12- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Take a wide mouthed bowl, add the flours and rawa, mix well. Add water and remove any lumps using a beater.
- Add the leban and remaining ingredients except oil and mix well.
- The batter should be very watery. Keep it aside for ½ to 1 hrs.
- As the Semolina absorb the moisture it would have increase in size and the batter would have become thick. Add some more water and mix well before making the dosa.
5.Heat a griddle over a high heat. I apply little mayonnaise over the griddle. Rub it with a dry tissue add spray little water. Stir little batter and pour it randomly over the gridle from 8-10cm height in a dosa shape. Redue the flame to medium. This dosa takes a little longer to cook.
- Drizzle oil over it and cook it till it turns golden colour and crispy.
7.Remove and serve it immediately with sambar or chutney of your choice
Note: The batter should be watery, stir it every time befor pouring it over the griddle.
Before pouring the dosa, the griddle should be hot, then reduce the flame and cook it for some time.