- 1 Unroasted Semolina /Rawa-1 cup
- Rice flour-1/2 cup
- 3.Maida -1/4 cup
- Leban(buttermilk) -1 cup (optional)
- Hing -1/4 tsp
- Oil – as required for smearing on the dosa ( equal qty of ghee and Sesame oil is very good)
- 7- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 1 Boiled potato cut to cubes- 3 Nos
- Onion Chopped- 1 No
- Tomato- 1 No
- Hing- ¼ tsp
- Jeera/cumin seeds-1 tsp
- 6 Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- 7.Black pepper crushed-1 tsp ( optional)
- Chopped cashew nuts- 5-6 Nos
- Ginger (chopped) 1tsp
- Green Chili- chopped 3 Nos
- Curry Leaves chopped-1 sprig
- 12.Coriander leaves chopped- 2 table spoon
Preparation of Masala
- Heat a pan, add 1 table spoon of cooking oil, add the cumin seeds
- After the cumin seeds sputter, add hing, cashew nut, onions, green chili and ginger. Sauté it
- Add turmeric powder and sauté it till raw smell leave
- Add chopped tomato and mix well till it become soft.
- Add the potato pieces and mix and mash little
- Add required amount of salt and pepper crushed
- Add coriander leaves and curry leaves and remove from the stove and cool it.
Preparation of Rawa Masala
- Take a wide mouthed bowl, add the flours and rawa, mix well. Add water and remove any lumps using a beater.
- Add the leban and remaining ingredients except oil and mix well.
- The batter should be very watery. Keep it aside for ½ to 1 hrs.
- As the Semolina absorb the moisture it would have increase in size and the batter would have become thick. Add some more water and mix well before making the dosa.
5.Heat a griddle over a high heat. I apply little mayonnaise over the griddle. Rub it with a dry tissue add spray little water. Stir little batter and pour it randomly over the gridle from 8-10cm height in a dosa shape. Redue the flame to medium. This dosa takes a little longer to cook.
- Drizzle oil over it and cook it till it turns golden colour and crispy.
- Spoon 2 table spoon of the masala in the one side of the dosa and fold the other half over it.
9.Remove and serve it immediately with sambar or chutney of your choice
Note: The batter should be watery, stir it every time befor pouring it over the griddle.
Before pouring the dosa, the griddle should be hot, then reduce the flame and cook it for some time.