- Raw rice – 3 cups
- Urad dhal – 1 cup
- Methi ½ tsp
- Toor dal -1/4 cup
- Grind smooth & ferment for 12 hrs.
Red chutney to spread:
- Dry red chillies – bedagi or Kashmiri chillies – 10
- Onion – 2 big
- Garlic – 3,4 (optional)
Fry these lightly & make a paste with salt & water.
1.Potatoes 4 boil, peel & crumble
2.Onions – 4nos chopped
4.Green chillies – 3,4 (slit)
5. Ginger – 1 tsp, finely chopped
6.Curry leaves – few, chopped
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
8.Coriander leaves – few, chopped
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- In a kadai, heat oil, add the mustard and jeera when they sputter add , ginger, green chillies & onion.
- Fry till onion becomes transparent.
- Add turmeric and mix
- Add potatoes, salt., both leaves & mix well.
Assembling the Mysore masala dosa
1. Heat a flat tava.
2. Smear with oil & water on the tava.
3.Using a round bottem spoon spread a thin dosa.
3. Pour the oil-ghee mixture around it.
4. When the bottom starts turning golden, in just half of it, smear the red chutney lightly.
5. Wait for a minute for chutney to cook.
6. Then on the same half, keep 2 tbsp of potato masala.
7. Fold the other half over this & serve with chutney.
8. We need not flip this dosa .