- Ful Beans 1 cup (soaked overnight and drain in the morning)
- 1 Sprig of Fresh Parsley
- 1x Onion
- 1 Lemon
- Olive Oil 3 spoons
- 1 Spoon of Cumin Powder
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Green Chilly
- Tomatoes 2 Nos.
- Take the soaked beans rinse thoroughly. Pressure cook till 3 whistles
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, when it gets hot add chopped garlic, chilli, the onion (diced) and a teaspoon of cumin powder and 1 tomato chopped.
- Stir together and allow to sizzle on a medium heat for one to two minutes.
- Add Ful Beans to pan.
- Add one table spoon of fresh lemon juice, and two more table spoons on olive oil.
- Stir continuously for five to ten minutes until the ful has become mushy.
- Add another splash of olive oil, sprinkle some fresh parsley and tomatoes on the top and serve hot quickly.
*Ful Medames is usually served in pita bread sandwiches with humous and salad. If you want to eat like a true Egyptian, consider alternating sandwiches between ful and falafel.