In Arabic Tamarind is called Tamr Hendi. The name literally translates to ‘Indian dates’. Sharab Tamr Hendi drink which is very popular in Ramadan.
- Dry Tamarind-50g
- Water- 4 cups
- Sugar -8-10 table spoon(increase according to taste)
- Lemon juice- 1 table spoon
- Rose syrup / rose water -1 table spoon.
(* you can add few drops of rose essence too, rose syrup give a beautiful colour)
- Soak the tamarind in 2 cups of warm water. After 10 -15 minute boil it and let it cool.
- Extract the juice completely and discard the tamarind and add to 4 cups of water to the extracted tamarind juice.
- Mix sugar, lemon juice and rose water.
- Chill the juice and serve.