Hummus is an Egyptian food dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. It is very popular throughout the Middle East
- Chick peas-1 cup(250grms)
- Tahini paste- 3tbsp
- Lemon juice- 3-4tbsp
- Cumin seed powder- 1/2tspn
- Salt to taste
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- Olive oil and Chili flakes (OPTIONAL) to garnish
- Ginger 1 small piece (Optional)
- Coriander leaves- 1tbsp, finely chopped (optional)
- Green chilli 1 No( Optional)
- Take the chick peas in a bowl and fill enough water and soak it for 6hrs or overnight.
- Pressure cook the soaked chick peas for 5-6 whistles or very soft. Drain and cool. Reserve the drained water.
- Take a blender and place the chick peas in a add the tahini paste, salt, Lemon juice, Garlic, and coriander leaves and blend till the hummus is coarsely pureed.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of the reserved water and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the ground paste to a serving bowl and adjust the salt and lemon juice.
- Pour olive oil over the prepared hummus and sprinkle chili flakes.
Serve with Kuboos.