- Potatoes or aloos 4-5 medium sized
- Whole Wheat Flour Or All Purpose Flour/Maida-3 Tbsp
- Corn Flour-3 Tbsp
- Rice Flour-2 Tbsp
- Curry Leaves- 7-8 Chopped
- Red Chili Powder-1 Tsp
- Coriander Powder-½ Tsp
- Cumin Powder (Optional) -½ Tsp
- Black Pepper Powder -½ Tsp
- Garam Masala Powder -½ Tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste Or Crushed Ginger Garlic -2 To 3 Tsp
- Lemon Juice -1 Tbsp
- Few Coriander Or Mint Leaves For Garnish
- Water As Required
- Salt As Required
- Oil For Frying
- Parboil the potatoes/aloo in a pressure cooker for 1-2 whistles.
- Make a thick batter with all the ingredients except for oil and potatoes.
- Peel and dice the parboiled potatoes. And sprinkle some red chilli powder and salt on potatoes. With a tooth pick poke the potatoes, to take in the masalas inside the potatoes
- Add the diced boiled potatoes to the batter.
- Fry the batter coated potatoes in hot oil till golden brown & crisp.
- Serve aloo 65 hot garnished with coriander or mint leaves or both along with some green chutney or tomato sauce.
- To get a deeper red color add kashmiri red chili powder.
- Make a thick batter as we want the potatoes to be coated well with the batter.
- Do not overcook the potatoes. They should just be parboiled. Just about 20% cooked so that they peel off easily and when dicing they don’t get mashed up or crumble.