Boneless chicken – 250 gm, cut into thin strips or cubes
To Marinate :
- Plain flour (maida) – 1 table spoon
- Cornflour -2 table spoon
- Egg white – of 1 egg
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1tsp each
- Pepper powder – ¼ – ½ tsp
- Soya sauce – ¼ tsp
- Water – ⅓ cup + extra (if required)
For stir frying
- Onion – 1, small cubes
- Celery – 2 tsp, chopped finely (Optional)
- Spring Onion- 3-4 Nos chopped
- Broccoli- ½ cup
- Capsicum – 1 , cut into Cubes
- Dry red chilly flakes 1 tsp
- Carrot – 1, sliced finely like matchsticks
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 – 1½ tsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Make a medium thick batter with ingredients for marinate .
- Marinate the cleaned chicken pieces in this batter and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan , shallow fry the chicken pieces till it turns golden brown. Keep the chicken pieces aside.
- In the same pan (remove excess oil, if any)
- Add the ginger & garlic paste. Fry it for a minute, add onion, then capsicum, celery, broccoli, little Spring onions, dry chillies flakes. Saute it for 2-3 minutes and salt. Cook till onions and capsicum becomes soft. Combine Kashmiri chilly powder, tomato & soya sauce and add this to the curry.
- Add 2-3 table spoon of water. Add chicken & carrots. Mix well. The gravy coats the chicken and cook till the carrots are done. Decorate with spring onions.Serve hot.