Harissa Paste Recipe is a Northwest African chutney that can be used as a dip or to flavor a variety of dishes. In the traditional recipe the red chilies used in a harissa is from a Northwest African chili pepper, but local red peppers or dry chillies also can be used. I have used here the dry chili
- Dried Chiles – 4-6 Nos according To Spiciness ( Can Use Milder Variety like Kashmiri Chili )
- Caraway Seeds-1/2 Tsp
- Coriander seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Garlic -3 Nos
- Lemon juice -2 table spoon
- Dry mint- 1 table spoon
- Preserved lemon -4 nos
- Fresh Coriander leaves- 3 table spoon
- extra virgin olive oil -2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Take a vessel add ½ cup water and add dry chili and boil to soften it. Add it to the blender
- Dry roast the caraway seeds, coriander seeds and cumin seeds and add it to the blender.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, dry mint, lemon preserves, olive oil, fresh coriander salt to taste and grind it well.
- To dilute it add the boiled water