For the spice paste
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 shallots, peeled & Sliced.
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 birds’-eye chillies, seeds removed Chopped
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil, or more if necessary
For the stir-fry
- 2 tbsp vegetable or groundnut oil,
- 2 chicken breasts, skin removed, cut into thin strips
- 200g/7oz prawns, heads and shells removed and de-veined
- 110g/4oz fine green beans, trimmed and sliced into 1cm/½in pieces
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 275g/10oz cooked long-grain rice (this must be cold) – 1 day old cooked rice is better do not overcook and keep in the fridge..
- light soy sauce
- 1 or 2 tsp Dark soya sauce – Optional
- 4 eggs – Scrambled the eggs seperately.
- 1/2 Tsp Aji No Moto
For the garnish
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 50g/2oz peanuts (
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for Garnishing only
- handful crispy fried shallots for garnishing
- For the spice paste, blend all of the spice paste ingredients together in a food processor. Add enough oil and fry the blended mixture till fragrant then add the chicken and prawns for 8 mins or until well cooked..
- Add the beans and spring onions and fry for another minute, keeping everything moving.
- Add the Aji No Moto and stir well. Add the Light Soya Sauce & Dark soy sauce stir well.
- Seperate the cooked rice with your hands to break up the lumps before adding to the mixture.
- Stir until it’s all been well incorporated – you can add a few tablespoons of water at this point if it becomes a little dry and starts to stick.
- Add the fried scrambled eggs and stir well.
- Remove from fire and garnish with spring onions and crispy fried shallots