Stem of Cheera (Green/Red) – 3 cups
Coconut (Grated) – 1 cup
Shallots – 2 small
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Green Chilly – 3
Curd/Butter milk – 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
Dried red chilly – 2
Salt to taste
- Fine Grind coconut, shallots, green chilly, black pepper and cumin seeds
- Cook cheera stem with turmeric powder and salt with little water.
- Add the ground mixture to cooked cheera and stir continusouly. Add buttermilk and do not allow it to boil.
- Remove from stove after 5-7 min.
- Heat Oil in another pan and crackle the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. Add dried chilly and curry leaves and add this to moru curry.
- Serve with rice.